Subject: Sensor and Sensing Materials
Address: 865 Changning Road, Shanghai, China
1. Outstanding Graduate Advisor Award of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (2012)
2. 2ed Prize of Shanghai Science and Technology Progress Award (2011)
3. 1st prize of Shanghai Natural Science Award (2006)
4. 3rd Prize of Shanghai Science and Technology Progress Award (2001)
5. President Award of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (2000)
6. Outstanding Article Award of Shanghai (2000)
Prof. Jian-Gong Cheng received the B.S. degree in physics from Sichuan University, Chengdu, China, in 1990, the M.S. degree in condensed-matter physics from Shandong University, Jinan, China, in 1997, and the Ph.D. degree in microelectronics and solid-state electronics from Shanghai Institute of Technical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China, in 2000. Since July 2005, he has been a professor with the Shanghai Institute of Microsystem and Information Technology (SIMIT), Chinese Academy Sciences, Shanghai, China. Currently, he is pursuing his research interests in developing novel chemosensors.
Since he joined SIMIT, Prof. Cheng, together with his colleagues, has developed a variety of high-sensitivity chemical sensors based on organic semiconductor materials, which has achieved highly sensitive identification to important explosives and drugs, such as TNT, RDX, PETN, methamphetamine etc. Most of the chemosensors have been widely used for security check in public transport system, major sports events and other mega-events, such as 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics, 2010 Shanghai World Expo, G20 2016 CHINA, etc; His researches won the 1st Prize of Natural Science of Shanghai, the 2nd prize of S&T Progress of Shanghai.
1. Wei Xu, Yanyan Fu, Junjun Yao, Tianchi Fan, Yixun Gao, Qingguo He*, Defeng Zhu, Huimin Cao and Jiangong Cheng*, Aggregation state reactivity activation of intramolecular charge transfer type fluorescent probe and application in ppb-level vapor detection of Sarin mimics, ACS Sensors, 2016, 1 (8), 1054–1059.
2. Yu Zhang, Yan-Yan Fu, De-Feng Zhu, Jia-Qiang Xu, Qing-Guo He*, Jian-Gong Cheng*, Recent advances in fluorescence sensor for the detection of peroxide explosives, Chin. Chem. Lett., 2016, 27, 1429–1436. invited review
3. Yixun Gao, Wei Xu, Xiangtao Zhang, Yanyan Fu, Defeng Zhu, Qingguo He*, Huimin Cao, and Jiangong Cheng*, Dual functional and multiple substituted fluorescent star-shaped POSS for a 1+1>2 explosive vapour detection, RSC Adv., 2016, 6, 51403 - 51406.
4. Yanyan Fu* , Junjun Yao, Wei Xu, Tianchi Fan, Zinuo Jiao, Qingguo He*, Defeng Zhu, Huimin Cao, and Jiangong Cheng*, A Schiff Base Substituent Triggered Efficient Deboration Reaction and Its Application in Highly Sensitive Hydrogen Peroxide Vapour Detection, Analytical Chemistry, 2016, 88, 5507？5512.
5. Yao Junjun, Fu Yanyan, Xu Wei, Fan Tianchi, Gao Yixun, He Qingguo*, Zhu Defeng, Cao Huimin, Cheng Jiangong*, A concise and efficient fluorescent probe via an intromolecular charge transfer for the chemical warfare agent mimic diethylchlorophosphate vapor detection, Analytical Chemistry, 2016, 88(4), 2497？2501.
6. Fan Tianchi, Xu Wei, Yao Junjun, Jiao Zinuo, Fu Yanyan, Zhu Defeng, He Qingguo*, Cao Huimin, Cheng Jiangong*, Naked-eye visible solid illict drug detection at picogram level via a multiple-anchored fluorescent probe, ACS Sensors, 2016, 1 (3), 312–317.
7. Yanyan Fu, Wei Xu, Qingguo He* and Jiangong Cheng*, Recent progress in thin film fluorescent probe for organic amine vapour, Sci. Chin. Chem., 2016, 59(1), 3-15. Invited review.
8. Wei Xu, Yanyan Fu, Yixun Gao, Junjun Yao, Tianchi Fan, Defeng Zhu, Qingguo He*, Huimin Cao, Jiangong Cheng*, A simple but highly efficient multi-formyl phenol-amine system for fluorescence detection of peroxide explosive vapour, Chem. Commun. 2015, 51, 10868-10870.
9. Yanyan Fu, Junjun Yao, Wei Xu, Tianchi Fan, Qingguo He*, Defeng Zhu, Huimin Cao and Jiangong Cheng*, Reversible and “fingerprint” fluorescence differentiation of different organic amines vapours using a single conjugated polymer probe, Polymer Chemistry, 2015, 6(12), 2179 - 2182. Front outside cover.
10. Lei Chen, Yixun Gao, Yanyan Fu, Defeng Zhu, Qingguo He*, Huimin Cao and Jiangong Cheng*, Trace Peroxide Explosive Vapour Detection via Borate Ester Endcapped Fluorescent Conjugated Polymer, RSC Adv. 2015, 5, 29624 - 29630.
11. Junjun Yao, Yanyan Fu, Wei Xu, Tianchi Fan, Qingguo He*, Defeng Zhu, Huimin Cao and Jiangong Cheng*, The reversible, Sensitive and Efficient Trifluoroacetyl-based Aromatic Fluorescent Probe for Multiple Organic Amine Vapour Detection, RSC Adv. 2015, 5, 25125 - 25131.
12. Yuerong Wang, Yixun Gao, Lei Chen, Yanyan Fu, Defeng Zhu, Qingguo He*, Huimin Cao, Jiangong Cheng*, Runsheng Zhang, Shuiqing Zheng, Songmao Yan, Fluorescent Diphenylfluorene-pyrenyl Copolymer with Dibenzothiophene-S, S-dioxide and Adamantine Units for Explosive Vapor Detection, RSC Adv, 2015, 5(7), 4853 - 4860.
13. Yixun Gao, Wei Xu, Defeng Zhu, Lei Chen, Yanyan Fu, Qingguo He*, Huimin Cao and Jiangong Cheng*, Highly efficient nitrate esters explosive vapor probe based on multiple triphenylaminopyrenyl-substituted POSS, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2015, 3(9), 4820-4826. Front outside cover.
14. Yanyan Fu, Yixun Gao, Lei Chen, Qingguo He*, Defeng Zhu, Huimin Cao and Jiangong Cheng*, Highly efficient single fluorescent probe for multiplicate amines vapours via reaction between amine and aldehyde/-dioxaborolane, RSC Adv., 2014, 4(87), 46631 - 46634.
15. Lei Chen, Yixun Gao, Yuerong Wang, Chao He, Qingguo He*, Huimin Cao, Jiangong Cheng*, Femtogram level detecting of nitrate ester explosives via 8-pyrenyl-substituted fluorenes dimer bridged by 1, 6-hexanyl unit, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2014, 6, 8817？8823.
16. Liqi Shi, Yanyan Fu, Chao He, Defeng Zhu, Yixun Gao, Yuerong Wang, Qingguo He*, Huimin Cao, Jiangong Cheng*, A mild and catalyst-free conversion of solid phase benzylidenemalononitrile/benzylidenemalonate to N-benzylidene-amine and its application for primary alkyl amine vapor fluorescence detection, Chem. Commun., 2014, 50, 872-874.
17. Yanyan Fu, Qingguo He,* Defeng Zhu, Yuerong Wang, Yixun Gao, Huimin Cao and Jiangong Cheng*, A BODIPY Dye as Reactive Chromophoric/Fluorogenic Probe for Selective and Quick Detection of Vapors of Secondary Amines, Chem. Commun., 2013, 49 (96), 11266 - 11268.
18. Kang-Yi Hua , Chang-Min Deng, Chao He, Li-Qi Shi, De-Feng Zhu, Qing-Guo He*, Jian-Gong Cheng*, Organic semiconductors-coated polyacrylonitrile (PAN) electrospun nanofibrous mats for highly sensitive chemosensors via evanescent-wave guiding effect, Chinese Chemical Letters, 2013, 24 , 643–646.
19. Lin Dong, Changmin Deng, Chao He, Liqi Shi, Yanyan Fu, Defeng Zhu, Huimin Cao, Qingguo He*, Jiangong Cheng*, Highly Sensitive Vapor Detection of Amines with Fluorescent Conjugated Polymer: A Novel Lasing Turn-On Sensory Mechanism, Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical, 2013, 180, 28-34.
20. Yanyan Fu, Liqi Shi, Defeng Zhu, Chao He, Dan Wen, Qingguo. He*, Huimin Cao, Jiangong Cheng*, Fluorene-thiophene-based thin-film fluorescent chemosensor for Methamphetamine Vapor by thiophene-amine interaction, Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical, 2013, 180, 2–7.
21. Chao He, Defeng Zhu, Qingguo He*, Liqi Shi, Yanyan Fu, Dan Wen, Lin Dong, Huimin Cao, and Jiangong Cheng*, Highly Efficient Fluorescent Sensor of Explosive Peroxide Vapor via ZnO Nanorod Array Catalyzed Deboronation of Pyrenyl borate, Chem. Commun., 2012, 48 (46), 5739 - 5741.
22. D. Wen, Y. Y. Fu, L. Q Shi, C. He, L. Dong, D. F. Zhu, Q. G. He*, H. M. Cao and J. G. Cheng*, Fine Structural Tuning of Fluorescent Copolymer Sensors for Methamphetamine Vapor Detection, Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical, 2012，168, 283– 288.
23. Liqi Shi, Chao He, Defeng Zhu, Qingguo He*, Yang Li, Yan Chen, Yuxi Sun, Yanyan Fu, Dan Wen, Huimin Cao and Jiangong Cheng*, High Performance Aniline Vapor Detection Based on Multi-branched Fluorescent Triphenylamine-Benzothiadiazole Derivatives : branch effect and aggregation control on the sensing performance, J. Mater. Chem., 2012, 22, 11629.
24. Defeng Zhu, Qingguo He*, Qing Chen, Yanyan Fu, Chao He, Liqi Shi, Xin Meng, Changmin Deng, Huimin Cao, Jiangong Cheng*，Sensitivity Gains in Chemosensing by Optical and Structural Modulation of Ordered Assembly Arrays of ZnO Nanorods，ACS Nano, 5(6), pp 4293-4299, 2011/5/23.
25. Chao He, Qingguo He*, Changmin Deng, Liqi Shi, Qing Chen,Yanyan Fu, Huimin Cao, Jiangong Cheng*，Determination of Methamphetamine Hydrochloride by highly fluorescent polyfluorenewith NH2-terminated side chains，Synthetic Metals, 2011, 161, 293-297.
26. He, Chao, He, Qingguo*, Deng, Changmin, Shi, Liqi, Zhu, Defeng, Fu, Yanyan, Cao, Huimin, Cheng, Jiangong*, Turn on fluorescence sensing of vapor phase electron donating amines via tetraphenylporphyrin or metallophenylporphrin doped polyfluorene, Chemical Communications, 2010, 46(40), pp 7536-7538.
27. Deng, Changmin, He, Qingguo*, He, Chao, Shi, Liqi, Cheng, Jiangong*, Lin, Tong, Conjugated Polymer-Titania Nanoparticle Hybrid Films: Random Lasing Action and Ultrasensitive Detection of Explosive Vapors, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 114(13), pp 4725-4730, 2010/4/4.
28. He, Chao, He, Qingguo*, Chen, Qing, Shi, Liqi, Cao, Huimin, Cheng, Jiangong*, Deng, Changmin, Lin, Tong, Highly fluorescent intramolecular dimmers of two pyrenyl-substituted fluorenes bridged by 1,6-hexanyl: synthesis, spectroscopic, and self-organized properties, Tetrahedron Letters, 51(9), pp 1317-1321, 2010/3/3.
29. Deng, Changmin, Gong, Pei, He, Qingguo*, *Cheng, Jiangong, He, Chao, Shi, Liqi, Zhu, Defeng, Lin, Tong, Highly fluorescent TPA-PBPV nanofibers with amplified sensory response to TNT, Chemical Physics Letters, 483(4-6), pp 219-223, 2009/12/12.
30. Zhu, Defeng, He, Qingguo*, Cao, Huimin, Cheng, Jiangong*, Feng, Songlin, Xu, Yuansen, Lin, Tong, Poly(phenylene ethynylene)-coated aligned ZnO nanorod arrays for 2,4,6-trinitrotoluene detection, Applied Physics Letters, 93(26), 261909-1( 2008).