Subject: Microelectronics and Solid State Electronics
Address: 865 Changning Road, Shanghai, China
2015: Shanghai Science and Technology Award for Natural Science
2015: Excellent Scientist, Chinese Institute of Electronics
2015: “Hundred-Talent” program of Chinese Academy of Sciences
2012: JSPS Post-Doc research fellowship, Japan Society for Promotion of Science (Japan)
2010: Outstanding doctoral dissertation award (nomination), Chinese Academy of Sciences
2009: President excellence award, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2009: Alexander von Humboldt Post-Doc research fellowship, Alexander von Humboldt foundation (Germany)
2008: Shanghai-Applied Materials graduate fellowship
Hua Li, male, PhD, Professor of Shanghai Institute of Microsystem and Information Technology (SIMIT), Chinese Academy of Sciences, was born in March 1982, in Yichang, Hubei Province. He received the Ph. D degree in microelectronics and solid state electronics from SIMIT, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2009. From 2009 to 2012, he worked on injectorless mid-infrared quantum cascade lasers at the Walter Schottky Institute, Technical University of Munich in Germany as an Alexander von Humboldt research fellow. From 2012 to 2013, he worked as a JSPS postdoctoral fellow at the Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo in Japan, where his research is focused on the design and fabrication of high performance terahertz quantum cascade lasers. From 2013 to 2014, he moved to France and worked at the Laboratoire Matériaux et Phénomènes Quantiques, University Paris 7 as a postdoctoral research associate. In Paris, his work is mainly on broadband terahertz quantum cascade laser frequency combs employing the active mode locking technique. In 2015, he was appointed as a full professor of SIMIT and selected as a fellow of “Hundred-Talent” program of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Currently, his research interests include terahertz and mid-infrared lasers, intersubband-based optoelectronic devices, terahertz frequency combs and applications.
As the project leader, he is leading or has led several research projects, such as the National 973 project, the National Natural Science Foundation projects, the “Hundred-Talent” program of Chinese Academy of Sciences, the International Collaborative project of Shanghai Municipal Commission of Science and Technology, and so on.
1. T. Zhou, H. Li*, W. J. Wan, Z. L. Fu, and J. C. Cao*, “Terahertz imaging using photomixers based on quantum well photodetectors”, AIP Advances 7, 105215 (2017).
2. H. Li*, W.-J. Wan, Z.-Y. Tan, Z.-L. Fu, H.-X. Wang, T. Zhou, Z.-P. Li, C. Wang, X.-G. Guo, J.-C. Cao*, “6.2-GHz modulated terahertz light detection using fast terahertz quantum well photodetectors”, Sci. Rep. 7, 3452 (2017).
3. L. Gu, W. J. Wan, Y. H. Zhu, Z. L. Fu, H. Li*, J. C. Cao*, “High frequency modulation and injection locking of terahertz quantum cascade lasers”, J. Opt. 19, 065706 (2017).
4. W. J. Wan, H. Li*, T. Zhou, and J. C. Cao*, “Homogeneous spectral spanning of terahertz quantum cascade lasers with radio frequency modulation”, Sci. Rep. 7, 44109 (2017).
5. A. Mottaghizadeh, D. Gacemi, P. Laffaille, H. Li, M. Amanti, C. Sirtori, G.. Santarelli, W. Hansel, R. Holzwart, L. H. Li, E. H. Linfield, and S. Barbieri, “5-ps-long terahertz pulses from an active-mode-locked quantum cascade laser”, Optica 4 (1), 168 (2017).
6. Y. H. Zhu, H. Li*, W. J. Wan, L. Gu, T. Zhou, S. Barbieri, and J. C. Cao, “Beat note analysis and spectral modulation of terahertz quantum cascade lasers with radio frequency injection”, Chin. Opt. Lett. 15 (1), 011404 (2017).
7. H. Li, Pierre Laffaille, Djamal Gacemi, Marc Apfel, Carlo Sirtori, Jeremie Leonardon, Giorgio Santarelli, Markus Rösch, Giacomo Scalari, Mattias Beck, Jerome Faist, Wolfgang Hänsel, Ronald Holzwarth, and Stefano Barbieri, "Dynamics of ultra-broadband terahertz quantum cascade lasers for comb operation", Opt. Express 23 (26), 33270 (2015).
8. H. Li, J. M. Manceau, A. Andronico, V. Jagtap, C. Sirtori, L. Li, E. H. Linfield, A. G. Davies, and S. Barbieri, “Coupled-cavity terahertz quantum cascade lasers for single mode operation”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 241102 (2014).
9. H. Li, S. Katz, G. Boehm, M. C. Amann, “Broad gain bandwidth injectorless quantum-cascade lasers with a step well design”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 98 (13), 131113 (2011).
10. H. Li and J. C. Cao, “Effect of injection coupling strength on terahertz quantum-cascade lasers”, Semicond. Sci. Technol. 26 (9), 095029 (2011).
11. H. Li, S. Katz, A. Vizbaras, G. Boehm, M. C. Amann, “High Efficiency Injectorless Quantum-Cascade Lasers Emitting at 8.8 μm With 2-W Peak Pulsed Power per Facet at Room Temperature”, IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett. 22 (24), 1811 (2010).
12. H. Li, J. C. Cao, J. T. Lü, and Y. J. Han, “Monte Carlo simulation of extraction barrier width effects on terahertz quantum cascade lasers”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 92 (22), 221105 (2008).
13. H. Li, J. C. Cao, Z. Y. Tan, and S. L. Feng, “Comparison of resonant-phonon-assisted terahertz quantum-cascade lasers with one-well injector and three-well module”, J. Appl. Phys. 104 (10), 103101 (2008).
14. H. Li, J. C. Cao, Y. J. Han, X. G. Guo, Z. Y. Tan, J. T. Lü, H. Luo, S. R. Laframboise, and H. C. Liu, “A study of terahertz quantum-cascade lasers: Experiment versus simulation”, J. Appl. Phys. 104 (4), 043101 (2008).
15. H. Li, J. C. Cao, and J. T. Lü, “Monte Carlo simulation of carrier transport and output characteristics of terahertz quantum cascade lasers”, J. Appl. Phys. 103 (10), 103113 (2008).